Seven Photos: The Photographic Detective - A Murder Mystery Puzzle Game Inspired by Dangan Ronpa Seven Photos: The Photographic Detective - A Murder Mystery Puzzle Game Inspired by Dangan Ronpa

A cross between shoujo and Call of Cthulhu...the talking camera and schoolgirl with a dropping sanity score are kinda a weird pairing...

I can see you're going for the Ace Attorney spin, but that's not the ideal format. I already had a good idea of things that needed to be done figured out (e.g., I instantly noticed the times of the solo and the murder couldn't match), but the game assumed I didn't know anything. Like in the Attorney series.

It would help if, once you find conclusions (e.g., time of photo), they could be pinned to said photo without any guesswork.

Take out the handholding, though, and you have a great detective series here.

Forgotten Hill: Puppeteer Forgotten Hill: Puppeteer

On the one hand, this is easily the most challenging "escape the room" type puzzle game I ever played in my life.

On the other hand, if I have to recourse to a walkthrough, it's not a true puzzle game, and the dog puzzle was _not_ something that is solvable by any kind of rational thinking.

It's also way too long - I had to pause it after doing the walkthrough because the eye/moon puzzle, while solvable, is complex, and I needed a break after all the heavy lifting so far. I can't recall ever hitting an escape game so hard I had to save halfway through.

F.H. Memento: Love Beyond F.H. Memento: Love Beyond

Another good entry.

I thought the riddles were good at all levels - not hard, but they required lateral thinking.

A pattern I see in these games - the first puzzle is illogical (in this case, the paintings), but the rest are.

Cave Legacy Cave Legacy

This game has a lot of potential, but...

1. It's very confusing to navigate the town and understand all the actions. Little guidance on what the buildings do.
2. Very bad "character stat" views that don't tell you much.
3. When I'm fighting, I can't see my current HP (most important item), and when I switch it to that, the view changes after every attack. Annoying.
4. Bad financial system - I'm only shown gross expenses, not net income.

This interface and instructions would need to be vastly improved for me to spend any more time on this.

blairox responds:

Hi,
Thanks for your comment. I agree the game is quite harsh at the beginning, and not as clear as it should be.
About points 1, 2 and 4: you are not the only one telling me this. I will keep that in mind for my next games.
About point 3: I don't see what you mean, I'm pretty sure hit points are visible in the combat mode. Maybe you did not spend your attribute or skill points, in which case the green 'lvl up' tab is shown.

Short and Sweet Short and Sweet

That was seriously screwed up in an uncensored Roald Dahl sort of way (like the last reviewer who mentioned Willy Wonka).

The puzzles could have been harder, but I'm sure you're saving that for another day....

Aground Aground

Extremely fun, addicting, and playable.

I always liked the mining system of the old game Utopia Plantatia, and wondered if it could be incorporated into a larger building game. You did that here and it's great.

My only suggestions:

1. Restoring HP is difficult. Why can't you do that in your hut, along with stamina?
2. The automatic equipping is very annoying - updated tools get placed in the storehouse automatically, and you can never get rid of the damn stone tools. Having an equipping system would be an improvement.
3. The space in the village is easily crowded so the game gets too "busy" - as in, are you trying to talk to someone, smelt something, or attack a rat?
4. The extra workers are good at basic materials, like wood and berries, but to get things like ore and gold, you have to completely concentrate on that type of work. A better mix or work assignments might help.

I stopped programming my own games this year, but this is the type of community project I'd contribute to!

The Guts of The City – Episode I The Guts of The City – Episode I

I'm not sure what to make of it...

I found the Foodie and Killer endings, but never got to the "artifact."

I wish there was more hints on what the "best" ending should be.

Nice having weird choices, though.

F.H. Memento: Playground F.H. Memento: Playground

That was pretty damn good. Not scream-aloud scary, but really creepy (especially the deer head).

It was a bit frustrating at first, namely because I didn't see obvious items lying around. Once I found those, though, a little lateral thinking will see you to the end...which I didn't see coming...

Trick-or-Treat Adventure! Trick-or-Treat Adventure!

Twisted but great game.

I don't know how a person could solve the mustache problem, though, unless they played Maniac Mansion. The one action you take could only be figured out with that 30 year old game.

Till The Next Floor Till The Next Floor

This is a pretty good game, although it requires more interaction than most idle games.