Explore, Expand, Exploit! Explore, Expand, Exploit!

This game looked really good - until the explorer appears and you can't move the damn thing.

What a shame. Could have been a winner.

Devoured Intellect Devoured Intellect

When I hovered over the document, it ends with the word "lacks --." So I had no good criteria on how to judge the questions. Is that a layout bug?

The wizard's answer to Q3 doesn't make sense though - if the halfling has no money, how could he sell him more potions?

BoobMarley responds:

Firstly, yes that is intentional. The idea is have you aware that there is something peculiar to look for, but have no hard information.
Secondly, sure it makes sense. If you've ever known an addict in your life you'll they know that no matter how hard up for cash they are, they can always somehow find some to pay for their habit.
Thanks for playing.

Island Sandbox Island Sandbox

I can generate an island map. No way to do anything else. Not much to do here.

Also, you have to move the guy to change the direction he's facing, which limits the edits.

Kentiya responds:

Yeah, I was wanting to make it a survival game, but that deadline comes fast. :P

I wasn't sure about the movement until it was too late to change it. I will if I make a full game out of this.

Crisis Command Crisis Command

I know this is supposed to be a passive game, which is part of the charm, but one would think the peasants would have at least some basic intelligence - like grabbing wheat if they're near it. With large populations, you have to tell them to gather food.

As mentioned before, the "what should we do" moments are so random and inopportune (e.g., in the middle of a fight) as to be almost useless. Maybe those moments should happen at some regular or predictable points (at a score threshold, after so many seconds, etc.), or when those moments come, the player can at least choose where the circle is. This would retain the passive feature while giving a bit more useful control.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Yes, the control moments are random, but a lot of the time you can give a command that can cause more than one target to be approached (for example to confront a monster + gather wood, or gather wheat + the trees behind it, or escape combat + learn a weapon mastery...)

Ships vs Monsters Ships vs Monsters

This is an excellent, addictive defense game.

My only complaint - there's a lot of luck involved at the beginning of some stages. If two high-powered monsters attack during the first few seconds, no strategy can delay or stop them all, so getting the 5 stars sometimes means restarting a stage until you get a better opening attack.

Shop Empire Fable Shop Empire Fable

It's a decent timewaster for awhile, but:

1. It's too similar to other mall games. And unlike the others, there's no specialized "technology," such as teleports (which would help and fit into a fantasy genre).

2. Once your mall gets large enough, the game takes up waaaaay too much CPU time and it starts to lag really badly. A real turnoff.

3. Once you've gotten all the stores and upgrades, it's extremely hard to meet some of the goals, such as catching thieves and saboteurs . Since some upgrades make it harder to do this (limiting saboteurs from coming in, e.g.), it's self-defeating, and there's no point to keep playing.

Reincarnation: TCOU Reincarnation: TCOU

The verse from Genesis - lot offers his daughters to the mob of Sodom and Gomorroah. Good choice.

(Twisted) Cooking Mama (Twisted) Cooking Mama

PETA (n) - An organization that spends much effort and money to improve the lives of animals, despite the fact that billions of human beings go to bed hungry every night.

FLARE FLARE

This has a unique gameplay, but also a pretty difficult gameplay. You might start out with slower flares, or at least more advance notice of where the flares are coming from.

fodormartinb responds:

Thank You! This build has a quiet let's say challanging test level, we will indeed have a special learning curve through levels which will be similar to what you suggested. We are still iterating balance on an update build to replace this one, that will present testers with a steady gameplay.

White Slayer White Slayer

Right now, it's just a port of Crystalis. Except for the dialogue there's nothing different.

KMDES responds:

What...?

I feel like I'm getting trolled. I'm getting trolled aren't I? ;)