Harvest Moon In a Nutshell Harvest Moon In a Nutshell

That was hilarious. It's been awhile since I played Friends of Mineral Town.

Harvest Moon has to be the only popular game where a macro could let you win.

Devoured Intellect Devoured Intellect

When I hovered over the document, it ends with the word "lacks --." So I had no good criteria on how to judge the questions. Is that a layout bug?

The wizard's answer to Q3 doesn't make sense though - if the halfling has no money, how could he sell him more potions?

BoobMarley responds:

Firstly, yes that is intentional. The idea is have you aware that there is something peculiar to look for, but have no hard information.
Secondly, sure it makes sense. If you've ever known an addict in your life you'll they know that no matter how hard up for cash they are, they can always somehow find some to pay for their habit.
Thanks for playing.

Island Sandbox Island Sandbox

I can generate an island map. No way to do anything else. Not much to do here.

Also, you have to move the guy to change the direction he's facing, which limits the edits.

Kentiya responds:

Yeah, I was wanting to make it a survival game, but that deadline comes fast. :P

I wasn't sure about the movement until it was too late to change it. I will if I make a full game out of this.

Crisis Command Crisis Command

I know this is supposed to be a passive game, which is part of the charm, but one would think the peasants would have at least some basic intelligence - like grabbing wheat if they're near it. With large populations, you have to tell them to gather food.

As mentioned before, the "what should we do" moments are so random and inopportune (e.g., in the middle of a fight) as to be almost useless. Maybe those moments should happen at some regular or predictable points (at a score threshold, after so many seconds, etc.), or when those moments come, the player can at least choose where the circle is. This would retain the passive feature while giving a bit more useful control.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Yes, the control moments are random, but a lot of the time you can give a command that can cause more than one target to be approached (for example to confront a monster + gather wood, or gather wheat + the trees behind it, or escape combat + learn a weapon mastery...)